New Orleans, LA
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We deliver fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables to restaurants, schools, hotels and numerous other food service establishments. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area.
Capitol City Produce is currently seeking a career-minded individual with prior sales experience to join our team!
This position will be based in New Orleans, LA.
The Sales Associate is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability and market penetration in an assigned area. Must be able to develop and maintain positive business relationships with a diverse network of customers. Maintains practical working knowledge of Company’s complete product line, continually researches territory to identify opportunities and risks, monitors and understands the competition’s presence in the market.
1. Service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
2. Responsible for providing onsite services to the customer such as collecting money, showing new products.
3. Grow sales volume and margin through successful selling of products and services and calling on prospective new customers
4. Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all customers
5. Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Business and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in Sales or Food Service industry.
Must have reliable transportation and appropriate auto insurance
A valid driver’s license and no DUI convictions within the past 3 years
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Exceptional presentation skills
Able to frequently lift 25 lbs and occasionally lift 50 lbs
Able towork a flexible work schedule including Saturday and Sunday
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Supplemental Insurance - Life, Accident, Short Term Disability and Cancer
401k Retirement Savings Plan
Paid Vacations and Holidays
Drug Free and Safe Workplace
Opportunity for Advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply