Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We deliver fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables to restaurants, schools, hotels and numerous other food service establishments. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Specialist (Night)
Supervisor: Director of Workplace Advancement
Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
The Quality Assurance Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Workplace Advancement and is responsible primarily for ensuring that product selected and delivered to our customers meets company and customer quality standards and specifications.
Quality Assurance has responsibility for verifying product quality at the time product is received, at all times during the product’s storage in the distribution center and upon product being returned by customers to the distribution center. Quality Assurance is responsible for consistently executing the Quality Assurance Plan and reporting results of quality verifications to the Procurement Manager.
The scope of Quality Control includes ensuring that upon receipt, while in storage and upon return from a customer that:
· Product meets quality standards and expectations.
· Dated product has appropriate remaining shelf life.
· Product and product packaging are not damaged.
· Product is rotated properly.
· Product is stored in proper temperatures.
· Product is handled in accordance with food safety standards.
· Minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Assurance/Control in a warehouse environment or Associate’s Degree preferred.
· Food distribution industry experience is highly preferred.
· Good computer skills.
· Must be well organized.
· Possess good oral, reading, writing and math skills.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to questions from company departmental staff, customers, and regulatory auditors as required.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to work with a variety of people and situations that require patience and courtesy.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout warehouse continuously.
· Must be able to withstand cold temperatures in a produce warehouse environment.
3.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Execute the Quality Control Plan consistently.
· Correctly implement quality specifications for every customer order and clearly document on all receiving paperwork if the product meets quality specifications.
· Communicate to the Procurement Manager immediately any and all product received not meeting quality specifications to determine the appropriate course of action.
· Work with Procurement Manager on any issues regarding quality of product to ensure that any product received under protest is properly documented, reported and submitted with photographs.
· Ensure proper rotation is being conducted within company guidelines and timelines.
· Coordinate and participate with inspections.
· On a daily basis ensure that proper slot tags are in place and correct product is in slot location.
· Ensure that product is stored in the proper temperature zone.
· Evaluate all returns and determine if product needs to put back in stock, ran or dumped.
· Work with the Critical Care Team and on orders being processed on a nightly basis. Will be responsible for updating the Critical Care Communication board on a nightly basis.
· Send out a QA Report to Director of Workplace Advancement and Sales Team to ensure all are updated on any customer order problems, changes, or deletions.
· Appropriately use, store and account for all Quality Assurance equipment, tools and supplies.
· Maintain a safe and organized work environment to meet set Company safety policies.
· Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding food safety and providing feedback for continuous process improvement.
· Other duties as assigned.
4.0 EXPECTED PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee should contact his or her Supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to follow all warehouse environment physical demands.
Lifting of objects up to 75 lbs. may be necessary. This position does require some work in a constant 34 degrees temperature room as well as a below 0 degree cooler.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
· Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
· Field of work includes offices, the refrigerated warehouse and surrounding grounds.
· Limited hazards due to visits to warehouse and surrounding areas.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply