Fleet Safety Supervisor
Seeking a results driven, critical thinker to join our team as a Fleet Safety Supervisor!
As a Fleet Safety Supervisor in our family owned business, you are responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of an effective corporate fleet safety program that focuses on ensuring the safety of the public, safety of the employees and compliance with various regulatory agencies. The Fleet Safety Supervisor is also responsible for leading the organization’s driver training programs and monitoring corporate compliance with DOT / FMCSA regulations.
- Favorable driving record.
- Experience driving commercial trucks (straight trucks & tractor-trailers).
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred.
- Class D Driver’s License or ability to obtain.
- Ability to summarize facts and ideas well in writing (i.e. emails, accident reports, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret government regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations.
- Smith System Certified Driver Trainer or ability to obtain certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively coach and provide feedback .Ability to respond to accidents 24 hours/day – 7 days/week as needed.
- Ability to develop relevant and appropriate course materials and present topics in a logical and effective manner to groups of people.
- Good computer skills with ability to effectively utilize or learn software programs (such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software) necessary to perform critical job tasks. Must also be able to effectively use on-board computer systems including electronic logging devices (ELD’s) and electronic driver behavior monitoring systems such as DriveCam or SmartDrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply