Facilities Maintenance & Sanitation Coordinator
Baton Rouge, LA
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We deliver fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables to restaurants, schools, hotels and numerous other food service establishments. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area.
The Facilities Maintenance & Sanitation Coordinator will work under the direction of the Day Warehouse Supervisor and is responsible for monitoring and scheduling maintenance and repairs of facilities (including grounds) and equipment. The position will also supervise all day sanitation needs for the facility and the grounds.
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to walk, push, pull, stoop, climb, and lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Must pass a drug screening.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts and practices and procedures. Must rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment in assigned area, including but not limited to forklift, cart, electric ride on pallet jack.
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, receiving area, loading area, and parking lot.
- Ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform job functions.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours as required for Maintenance and/or Sanitation projects.
- Ability to supervise personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule equipment services for forklifts, pallet jacks, and chargers with the maintenance companies.
- Keep a log of maintenance performed on each piece of equipment.
- Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule dock and door maintenance when needed.
- Maintain facility structure (cooler panels, roof, docks, and doors) and address all issues as they arise. Make sure all equipment is in working order and meets all safety standards. Equipment includes but is not limited to: carts, curtains, ladders, dollies, gates, and lighting.
- Maintain rack structure and address all issues that arise. Work with Day Warehouse Supervisor to schedule maintenance or repairs when necessary.
- Work with the Day Warehouse Supervisor to maintain WMS hardware and Control Access hardware and facilitate repairs when necessary.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding safety, food safety, and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist with special projects including building expansions, renovations, and other building and site improvements
- Coordinate, supervise and direct daily functions of the Day Sanitation employees, including:
- Assist with the preparation of warehouse for third party food safety and warehouse operations inspections.
- Assist with organizing pallets and make sure pallet trailer is loaded properly.
- Assist with daily floor scrubbing.
- Assist with daily office and kitchen cleaning.
- Monitor Sanitation of the facility and grounds to ensure all SQF requirements are properly maintained.
- Ensure Daily Sanitation Checklist is completed, properly logged, and turned into the Day Warehouse Supervisor.
- Monitor productivity and suggest ways to improve the sanitation process.
- Schedule routine cleanings of all equipment.
- Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding safety and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Daily exterior cleaning and trash pickup.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply