Baton Rouge, LA
Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We deliver fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables to restaurants, schools, hotels and numerous other food service establishments. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area.
Do you excel in Customer Service? Are you able to take on multiple tasks at one time and knock out each one? If yes, read below to learn more about this career opportunity.
What is the Dispatch opportunity about?
Dispatch Specialists are responsible for providing clerical support to the operations departments.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by assisting customers with will-call and product needs
- Ability to perform invoice changes and to monitor driver routes
- Provide accurate product information to customers and other departments
- Check in driver team as they complete routes
- Process and file paperwork and credits
- Schedule product pick-ups and re-route deliveries when necessary
- Manage the fleet of company trucks
What makes a candidate a great fit for Dispatch?
- High school education or equivalent; some college is preferred
- One year of experience in Operations or Customer Service environment
- Some knowledge of transportation operations
- Excellent communication skills (email, phone, in-person)
- Proficiency with computer programs (Microsoft, G-Suite)
- Ability to solve problems independently to carry out written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to organize and prioritize a multi-tasking workload
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply