Capitol City Produce is a family owned and operated wholesale produce distributor, located at 1-12 and O'Neal lane in Baton Rouge. We deliver fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables to restaurants, schools, hotels and numerous other food service establishments. Our delivery area encompasses a 200 miles radius of the Baton Rouge area.
Position Title: Dispatch Specialist
Supervisor: Dispatch Supervisor
Status: Hourly (NON-EXEMPT)
Under the general supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor or Management Level position, the Dispatch Specialist responsible for providing clerical support to the operations (warehouse, transportation, customer service) departments.
· High School education or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· One (1) year of on the job in Operations or Customer Service experience preferred.
· Some knowledge of warehouse and transportation operations.
· Have excellent current relationships with customers and suppliers
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
· Be able to work flexible hours.
· Must have excellent telephone skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work load, multi-task.
· Ability to work mathematical concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve problems independently and apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
3.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Timely and accurate receipt of Repack production items, pulling of product for the Repack group, and putting away produce.
· Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by assisting customers with will-call and product needs.
· Provide accurate product information to customers and other departments.
· Assist department as a team player. Must be able to work cohesively with others across all departments.
· Assist in preparing various reports.
· Check in Drivers, process, and file paperwork and credits.
· Schedule product pick-up and re-route with deliveries.
· Maintain safe and organized work environment to meet set Company safety policies.
· Ensure that all work activities are performed with the highest standards regarding food safety and providing feedback for continuous process improvement.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee should contact his or her Supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
4.0 EXPECTED PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
· Lifting of objects up to 50lbs. may be necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Only Qualified Applicants Need Apply